What’s your dilemma?
If you feel down and want to laugh at silly and inappropriate things:
- The Oatmeal comics
- Zach Galifianakis as talk show host on Between Two Ferns. His interview with Steve Carell is my favorite.
If you feel sorry for yourself and overwhelmed by your troubles:
- The Real Full House : a blog written by a dad and uncle, raising three girls after the death of their mother. By that description you’d think it would worsen your mood, but personally, it warms my heart and they are quite hilarious writers. Talk about a good paradigm shift to stop being woe-is-me.
If you feel hopeless about romance and like you might give up on love:
- 271 letters of correspondence between a husband and wife while he was overseas during WWII. Possibly the most real-life, lovey things ever written.
If you are feeling confused and bitter about faith and Christianity:
- CS Lewis on Twitter
- Sojourners – A progressive Christian organization all about social justice
- Lord, Save Us From Your Followers – A documentary. It’s on Netflix instant play, or there are clips on the website.
- The Broken Bread, my friend Troy’s blog, will help restore you, give you food for thought, and might spur some interesting questions and/or comments that you can outlet
- Go straight to the source. Read and study the Bible.
If you are a guy feeling bad about your lack of DIY skills:
You feel like you should be more philanthropic with your money:
- Look for a charity or nonprofit on GuideStar or Charity Navigator to help out with your cash. Find a cause you care about, or explore to find one.
You feel like a dunce:
More to come later. Send your suggestions.